The Arizona Department of Administration – Arizona Strategic Enterprise Technology Office (ADOA-ASET) shall develop, implement and maintain a coordinated statewide plan for information technology (A.R.S. §41-3504(A (1))), including, adopting statewide technical, coordination, and IT policy and standards (A.R.S. § 41-3504(A (1(a)))).
To establish and enhance the State's ability to provide e-business services and e-government applications as an end-to-end solution for the State of Arizona's Internet and Web Portal needs to better serve the citizens of Arizona.
This applies to all budget units. Budget unit is defined as a department, commission, board, institution or other agency of the state organization receiving, expending or disbursing state funds or incurring obligations of the state including the board of regents and the state board of directors for community colleges but excluding the universities under the jurisdiction of the board of regents and the community colleges under their respective jurisdictions and the legislative or judicial branches. A.R.S. § 41-3501(2). The Budget Unit Chief Executive Officer (CEO), working in conjunction with the Budget Unit Chief Information Officer (CIO), shall be responsible for ensuring the effective implementation of Statewide Information Technology PSPs within each Agency.
The policy establishes that the az.gov Web Portal shall be conceptualized, designed, constructed, tested and implemented to ensure that State information and applications are integrated, and online under the following requirements:
- Governance - The web portal vendor, its contractors and affiliates shall develop a portal interface and supporting infrastructure in accordance with the expectations set forth by the State CIO, the Arizona Portal Advisory Council (APAC), the state Web Portal Manager and the various State government entities requesting portal related services.
- APAC - The Arizona Portal Advisory Council has been established as an advisory council to the State CIO on portal issues relating to the development and operations of the Web Portal.
- Web Portal Solutions - shall provide simple, straightforward access to information and services supporting three levels of complexity:
- State Information (web presence and government information).
- Transactions (simple transactions, such as payments within a single agency).
- Integration (integrated processes and data across agency/business lines to meet citizen needs for simplicity and e-government.
- User/Customer Interfaces - The Web Portal shall support user interfaces suitable for the following modalities:
- Traditional web browsers.
- Open systems standards.
- Solutions that are consistent with industry best practices.
- Applicability - This policy is not intended and shall not be construed to prohibit external content that is:
- Required or authorized by law;
- Official government business or furthers the specific purpose of a government organization's web page; or
- On web pages not operated or controlled by az.gov.
- Links to resources that are provided by others on web sites outside the az.gov Web Portal.
- Public acknowledgement of sponsors or other contributors of resources to allow az.gov to expand the on-line information and services of the state to its citizens; and
- External Content - In exercising its discretion to allow external content on web pages, az.gov shall operate as efficiently, conveniently, and cost effectively as possible, in a manner befitting the State of Arizona and the public/private sectors by performing the following:
- Location of web sites and access to useful public information provided by State agencies, or non-profit, non partisan organizations; and
- Location and the delivery of public/private benefits and services via the Internet.
- Removal of Content - The State Web Portal Manger reserves the right and sole discretion to withdraw external content that otherwise fails to meet this policy. This discretion may be exercised if az.gov receives claims or allegations, or the content refers or links viewers to content not on the State's web site that is in violation of any of the above policies or likely to offend the citizens of Arizona.
- The az.gov Web Portal shall be developed in a manner that delivers electronic government services through efficient delivery mechanisms while effectively utilizing state resources. The web portal shall provide:
- Convenience to the public.
- A customer-centric experience.
- Ease of navigation and search.
- Use of shared infrastructure components.
- Capability for Inter/Intra-Governmental application development and service.
- Credit-card payment services.
- Secure electronic transactions.
- Access Control.
- Non-repudiation of electronic transactions.
- Scalability to accommodate future growth.
- Support for PKI and other emerging e-government initiatives.
- Physical and network security and intrusion detection.
- Audit control.
- Problem and Change Control Management.
- Compliance with all state and federal statutes.
- Compliance with State of Arizona administrative policies and procedures.
- Definitions and abbreviations
Refer to both, the PSP Glossary of Terms and the PSP Glossary of Abbreviations, for definitions and abbreviations.
- A. R. S. § 41-621 et seq., "Purchase of Insurance; coverage; limitations, exclusions; definitions".
- A. R. S. § 41-761 et seq., "Personnel Administration".
- A. R. S. § 41-1335 ((A (6 & 7))), "State Agency Information".
- A. R. S. § 41-1339 (A), "Depository of State Archives".
- A. R. S. § 41-2501 et seq., "Arizona Procurement Codes, Applicability".
- A. R. S. § 41-3501, "Definitions".
- A. R. S. § 41-3504, "Powers and Duties of the Agency".
- A. R. S. § 41-3521, "Information Technology Authorization Committee; members; terms; duties; compensation; definition".
- A. R. S. § 44 -7041, "Governmental Electronic Records".
- Arizona Administrative Code, Title 2, Chapter
- Arizona Administrative Code, Title 2, Chapter
- Arizona Administrative Code, Title 2, Chapter 10.
- Arizona Administrative Code, Title 2, Chapter 18.
- Statewide Information Technology Policy P100.